I’ve added Miss Terry and Miss Lona to our starting line-up. They are both great looking heifers and it’s a lot of fun watching them.
They are like a couple of kids as they run through the pasture.
This also helps with the ‘mowing’. Mr. Sampson and Dahalia were having a little trouble keeping up with all of the rain we’ve received in the past month.
Like so many other moms I’ve been busy being a mom. I’m plum full of ideas and each day spend time thinking about things that I could put on my blog…then someone needs a drink, can’t find their baseball pants, a snack, help coloring or the baby has an unpleasant gift in his diaper. I quickly become a classic ‘She,’ a.k.a, Sidetracked Home Executive – checkout FlyLady.com for a great definition.
My goal today was to allow myself 15 min. to complete a post on the blog. I’m calling it my ‘Fresh Start.’
I’ll sum up the last two months of no-posting…
- At the end March we purchased 10 baby chics and 3 ducks – ducks are full grown and chics are nearly so
- Pickle started baseball and hasn’t even played his first game due to rain. Today will be the 4th rainout.
- Willis has struggled with allergies, asthma and skin issues.
- We put in another water pump near the pasture.
- At age 4, Willis lost his first TWO teeth and made his first visit to the dentist.
- Pudder began saying ‘big boy’ words
- We caught the kids holding and then flinging the chics as high in the air as possible – they were ‘just helping them learn to fly mama!’ I’ll write a longer post on this subject.
- Willis participated in a Lapbooking class and finished his first year of Pre-K.
- We visited two zoos.
- And, my babe started to work overtime for the first time in almost 3 years. Yay!
- We had Field Day at school and Pickle placed third out of about 70 kids for the Fun Run.
- We moved two heifers from the farm to our place to get them off grain. ‘Terry’ and ‘Lona’ are two of the up and coming showgirls of our famous showstring.
- Oh, and we planted part of our garden and I’ve expanded one of my flower gardens.
There I did it!! Maybe not the most exciting post ever written but it’s done.